Foxy Sniper Foxy Sniper

Very nice!

You did a really great job on this. The gameplay was fun and challenging, and the graphics and animation were certainly a visual treat. You've got some real talent. There was one thing, I must say though: your grammar was a little confusing at times. Other than that, though, this was really a lot of fun.

Tainted Kingdom Tainted Kingdom

Awesome

This game was definitely a masterpiece. Great programming, great artwork, animation, and voice acting, and as always great music by David Orr.

It took me a while to get used to the gameplay and figure everything out, but I guess that's half the fun.

Respect.

Master Music Class 1 Master Music Class 1

Good job!

I really like this, and am looking forward to more. I also agree with the previous statement that this series of tutorials needs a qwerty piano interface, and if you don't know how to do that and aren't willing to learn, PM me, and I'd be willing to code it in for you because I think it would be a great improvement for this series of tutorials. It would also be nice to have the sound bytes stop playing when the key/mousebutton is released, which I could also code in if you like.

I highly suggest learning actionscript or getting a programmer. Other things that are possible using actionscript are "games" where you guess intervals by ear, guess notes by ear or by written note, try to play out written notes, write notes out and have the computer play them, try to get the beats right, etc. etc. etc....
If you had time, you could even build an entire sequencer within flash, though that would be a huge project if there were many different instruments with all available octaves.

I'm hoping you'll continue these as far as possible. Again, let me know if you need any help.

TheNossinator responds:

Thanks, I might just take you up your offer. I too think that the Qwerty interface would be great, as would a release mechanism.

Thanks for the review, I'll PM you if I need any ActionScript.

Drunken Masters Drunken Masters

something I've needed for a long time

I have been waiting for a game like this. You, sir, deserve a beer.

Thank you.

btw, that mentor guy looks like President Bush, lol.

JohnnySedona responds:

I'm glad I could come through. Frank was modeled after some british dude, I think. I'd have to dig up the reference picture, but it definitely wasn't George Bush. I think it's probably because old people all look the same.

Final Fantasy Quest Demo Final Fantasy Quest Demo

great animation, needs some polishing

Overall, it was a good game. Just a few things to consider though. First and foremost. The text takes forever to read through. Don't get me wrong: I love reading, but when the text is "typing" itself out, instead of having it so that when you press the space bar, it dismisses the text in mid-sentence, have a press of the spacebar allow you to skip the text animation to display the whole text, and then another press of the spacebar would dismiss the text. This would really speed up the game for your faster-reading fans. Second, try to adjust the volume of that beeping sound effect. It's really loud though of course there's no music yet to drown it out. Or better yet, have the sound effects and music both be adjustable in the game. Also, for flash RPG's, since they're not graphic/connection-intensive, I suggest streaming the music from somewhere instead of loading it with the game, as it looks like this is going to turn out to be a huge game, and this will cut your file size in half at least.
Ok, other than that, it was very well made so far. The animation and artwork are really impressive.

BrokenGenome responds:

Thanks. Comments & Suggestions appreciated.
Yeah, I'll be definantly looking a how the Speech script is done, it seems to be the biggest issue.

ArmorSlots ArmorSlots

Great Game!

First of all, this is a really fun game. Slot machines never fail to entertain; a fact proven by the countless slot monkeys in casinos across the country. You did a great job with the graphics and stuff, and since it's not for money, I noticed the odds are a little better than usual, which makes it more exciting. I gave this one a 5!

Dragon Fist 3 Dragon Fist 3

Oh man!

This is the best flash fighting game I've ever played! Kung fu rules! You've got so many different moves and characters, AND you have weapons! Freakin' huge! Outstanding job!

Santa's Deed Santa's Deed

Awesome game!

Good job, it's a really cool game! The graphics are incredible, the gameplay's challenging, and I especially like the voices.

Mario Journey Mario Journey

pretty good

I like the music and stuff, but the gameplay could be improved. For example, when you're riding on the moving platforms, mario doesn't move along with them, so you have to keep mario running in order to stay on them. Also, I tried jumping on top of one of the turtles, and I died, even though I jumped right on top of him. Anyway, good game. It's really similar to a mario platform game a friend of mine had when he was a kid, except that one was played on a wristwatch! I thought that was the coolest watch...

Onslaught! Onslaught!

way too addicting!

Man, this game is just challenging enough to be very addicting. Fun stuff. I like the extra spell things you can get too.